- Paypal is saying there's something wrong with my address
- Please make sure you do not add any dashes "-" in your address, or spaces after your city, or non-standard abbreviations.
- How do I redeem my Living Social voucher?
- Simply add the 2 iPhone cable bundle to your cart (after selecting the color of your choice) here: bigfootcables.com/livingsocial
- Then enter your voucher code in the Discount Codes field, and you should see the discount reflected in your shopping cart.
- Can I combine multiple vouchers to save on shipping?
- Sorry, there is $3.95 shipping for each redeemed voucher, however you can add other great products without additional shipping.
- What is HDMI?
High-Definition Multimedia Interface is what it stands for, but that's probably more than you needed to know! It's an audio/video interface that carries an uncompressed digital signal from a source (such as a TV box from your TV service provider) to a display (such as a plasma or LCD TV). This means that you don't need multiple cables and you get a better quality picture!
- What resolutions does HDMI support?
ALL - 720p, 1080i, 1080p, 1440p+, 480p, and standard television.
- What audio does HDMI support?
8 channels of of 24-bit audio, which includes popular formats like Dolby TRUE-HD and DTS Master digital audio.
- How do I know what size connector I need (standard vs mini vs micro)?
- Most large devices (TVs, boxes, game consoles, desktop computers, DVD/Blu-ray) will have a standard HDMI slot, also called Type A. To be sure, you can measure the female opening on your device - it should measure 14mm in length.
- Mini (or Type C) measures 10.42mm and is commonly used on phones, tablets, laptops, cameras
- Micro (or Type D) measures 6.4mm and is replacing Mini on newer portable devices.
- Does length matter?
Funny you should ask. The answer is yes - cables can be as long as 10-15 metres, but extra precautions and standards need to be followed during the manufacturing process. Bigfoot Cables recommends using 6ft (2m) or less for optimal performance.
What are the advantages of HDMI over existing analog video interfaces such as composite, S-Video and component video?
Quality & ease-of-use! Because HDMI is a digital interface, it provides the best quality video since there is no lossy analog to digital conversions required - this is most noticeable with high contrast details (such as text). Plus, you'll get to replace the clutter created by the multitude of different audio and video cables with just 1 HDMI cable.
What is the difference between DVI and HDMI?
HDMI is DVI with the addition of audio (up to 8-channels uncompressed) & a smaller connector (and support for YUV color space, CEC and CEA-861B InfoFrames)
- Does wire gauge (AWG) matter?
Yes, this is essentially the thickness of the cable. The smaller the AWG means the thicker the cable. This is one of the biggest factors in signal degradation as the cable length gets longer. Many cheaper cables on the market will use 31AWG or higher - this can result in interference. Bigfoot Cables uses 30 or 28 AWG, depending on the length of the cable. If you want to chat conductor physics further, drop us a note!
- What's the difference between Bigfoot Cables and the really expensive brands like Monster and Rocketfish?
Bigfoot Cables saves you lots of $$$! Kidding aside, that is the only difference, we guarantee your performance will be as good, if not better, than the leading HDMI cables on the market. Many factors go into the quality of cables, including materials, manufacturing processes and design. Our testing facility benchmarks against these brands and we don't sell any cables that don't meet or exceed their performance.
- What is the difference between version 1.3 and 1.4 HDMI cables (and older versions)?
1.4 adds capability for 3D, an ethernel channel, an audio return channel (ARC), and 4K x 2K resolution support. Bigfoot Cables only carries version 1.4, so you can rest assured that these cables will work great, even when you upgrade your TV. Our cables are backward compatible and will work with older HDMI-capable devices too!